Completed in 1992, Central Park has long been recognised as Perth’s most iconic building for its stature as well as its place within the business community.
Central Park offers an enviable destination for businesses. Its state-of-the-art facilities provide a place where work and life form a perfect balance, fostering sophisticated and contemporary spaces to share, grow, focus and unwind.
We are extremely excited to announce that Duratec has executed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to commence works on the specialist facade enhancement of Central Park Tower. The works will deliver a new facade that will elevate, illuminate and redefine the building; elegantly diffusing and refracting light throughout the day. After dark, Central Park will be illuminated by new lighting beacons, highlighting the icon’s structural elements from the base to the top of the spire.
A facade enhancement of this scale has never been completed in Australia before. To be awarded this project demonstrates Duratec’s ability to remain at the forefront in facade rejuvenation. We look forward to delivering sky-high results!
- Full facade enhancement by way of removal of circa 26,000 square metres of facade panels from the spandrel, columns, parapets and lift overrun zones.
- Replacement of all facade panels introducing tonal colour variations of metallic warm grey that will diffuse a golden hue to the spandrel, column, parapets and lift overrun.
- Introduce new lighting to the structural elements of the tower.
- Additional structural strengthening to the facade.
- Curtain wall system including new insulation and sarking.
- Works to be completed by installing temporary access decks above the podium to allow unimpeded access and egress for the building operations.