The project works will replace the existing central
emergency power station (CEPS) generators at RAAF Base Pearce and Gingin Satellite Airfield.
The existing CEPS generators have been identified for replacement as they have been in service for over 40 years and are at the end of their useful life period, due to ageing electrical infrastructure,
lack of arc flash protection and non-compliance with relevant Australian and Defence Standards.
The scope includes:
- Demolition of existing infrastructure which includes safe removal of asbestos containing building products and the installation of a new high voltage generator compound.
- Supply and installation of 3 x 11kV, 1500kVA (prime), 50Hz containerised generators.
- Supply and installation of 11KV generation and distribution switchboards controlled remotely from an HV switching panel.
- Complete design and installation of CEPS meeting relevant Australian and Defence standards.
- Integration of new generator systems without impacting the existing emergency power station.
- Design of all interface points between all proprietary equipment.
- Planning, coordinating and managing the sequence of the works with all other contractors and in consultation with key project stakeholders.
- Electrical Upgrades