Norton Goldfields engaged Duratec to assess and provide repair options for their primary crusher ROM bin concrete repairs during a schedule plant shutdown.
Duratec proposed and were awarded the works based upon completing the works utilising ultra high pressure water hydro-demolition and dry gunite reinstatement of the deteriorated ROM bin. The scope included:
- Prefabrication of steel reinforcement panels off site preshutdown.
- Removal of loose materials using jackhammers.
- Ultra high pressure water blasting to remove cover concrete to 20mm behind 2nd layer of reinforcement.
- Removal and replacement of reinforcement steel where necessary.
- Installation of entire wall of reinforcement steel and cast in rails to ROM bin south wall and truckstop.
- Abrasive blasting of steel, application of zinc rich primer and Galvashield XTP anodes.
- Spray application of Guncrete E to reinstate cover concrete.
- Screed and trowel finish to match original surface profile.
- Duratec managed and coordinated all works including cranage, waste removal and steel fabrication.
- In total 90m2 of concrete breakout and reinstatement were completed in a 10 day period.
- Concrete Repair
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting