The Darling Mills Creek Bridge over Darling Mills Creek
is located on Windsor Road at North Parramatta.
The original bridge consisted of 3 spans with reinforced concrete deck overlying steel girders supported on reinforced concrete abutments and intermediate concrete abutments.
Consultants Jacobs and GHD’s inspection in 2015 found that the paint on the girders were in varying state of coating failure with extensive defects caused by fire a few years ago. Severe corrosion on the steel bearing plates at the fire damaged girders and concrete delamination on soffit and pier walls were also noticed.
Duratec was engaged by Downer Mouchel to undertake following works:
- Abrasive removal of existing lead paint and reinstatement of new protective coating to all girders.
- Reinstatement of girder seating on fire damaged girders.
- Concrete repairs on soffit and pier walls.
- Fabrication and on-site replacement of handrails on both the west and east sides of the bridge.
- Structural strengthening of steel girders.
- Fully sealed containment system to prevent escape of lead and other hazardous materials to the environment.
- Strict lead management procedures and standards were maintained.
- Works carried out above water with no environmental incidents.
- Concrete Repair
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Bridge Maintenance