Viterra operates a storage and handling network spanning key growing regions in South Australia and western Victoria with a total storage capacity of around 9.8 million tonnes.
They receive the main commodities grown in South Australia including wheat, barley, canola, lentils, faba beans, field peas and lupins.
Duratec was engaged to completed the following scope of works:
- Patch holes in the steel bin using a fully seal welded plate.
- Wet abrasive blast corroded areas to bare metal.
- High pressure wash all surfaces with a 5000psi unit.
- Spot prime all treated areas; stripe coat all edges and full prime coat all surfaces with a two-part epoxy coating system.
- Full final coat all surfaces with a two-part epoxy coating system.
- Fabricate and install on-site AS1657 compliant platforms and ladders for each steel silo.
- Fabricate and install new access door covers.
- Supply and install new hold down bolt configuration.
- High quality paint coating finish.
- No interruption to public road adjacent to the silos.
- Wet abrasive blasting used to reduce dust emissions during the works.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services